Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Death and Rebirth of Love - A Christmas Sacrifice


Today on the eve of the coming of the light…
I release, unwind, untether how the memory of love lives within me.
For these are the old ways of loving - carried far too long…
Too heavy, too outdated, too much of a burden to hold another day.
This love I have known is not mine any longer,
It is from ancient lives – my own and my ancestors…
From days of sleep to the truth, of the light that I am.

For I know with every inch of my being, that this light
Holds love beyond any love I have ever known.
It is expansive and infinite,
It is kind and accepting
It holds and supports all beings

This love is the creator and the creation
The water I drink, the air I breathe
It is the truth of each Soul here on earth

On this day, I die to the place
Where all worlds meet
In the center – at the cross
Where my heart holds my truth…
Reborn - to the brightest light and the greatest love
I have ever known

Andrea Bernstein
Christmas Eve 2009

1 comment: